Banpu organizes Thai social enterprise fair “Impact Day” and reveals five winning social enterprises from “Banpu Champions for Change 9”
Banpu Champions for Change (BC4C) 9 by Banpu Public Company Limited, an international versatile energy provider in Asia-Pacific working towards sustainability, in collaboration with ChangeFusion, organized the 3rd edition of Thai social enterprise fair “Impact Day 2019: A Creative Playground for Social Transformation”. The fair opened a space in the city center for the public and interested parties to exchange thoughts and deepen their understanding of what a social enterprise is through talk sessions and workshops, and drove these Thai enterprises forward by supporting the products and services from the 24 social enterprises participating in the fair.
At the event, the five winning social enterprises from “Banpu Champions for Change 9” were announced as follow:
• “Peang Jai” – A producer and distributor of bedding and cushions made from Khaokhiris’s scrap rubber, Peang Jai aims to support the elderly and teenagers in Kamphaeng Phet province in their career so they can make a living for themselves and for their families.
• “Heaven on Earth” – Heaven on Earth is a producer and distributor of products from processed tea leaves planted in the forested areas of Huay Hin Lad Nai Village, Chiang Rai province, which have recently been rehabilitated after years of monoculture and are once again fertile.
• “Younghappy” – A service business for the elderly community that aims to prevent them from becoming bedridden patients, Younghappy supports senior citizens to socialize with elderly friends in activities that are fun, educational and suitable for their age.
• “Orgafeed” – A producer and distributor of insect-based pet foods, Orgafeed’s mission is to make use of organic waste that otherwise would be destined for an economic loss as insects can be useful in organic waste management and a source of high-quality protein.
• “Attaluck” – A producer, designer and distributor of souvenirs made from clothing that are then supplied to local enterprises in the northeastern region of Thailand, Attaluck aims to provide single mothers with jobs and help them earn a living for themselves and for their families.
All five winners of Banpu Champions for Change 9 will an initial funding of THB 1.25 million for further development of their initiatives, knowledge and expertise and strengthening their businesses in the long term, which will ultimately result in a sustainable society and environment.
Also featured at the event “Impact Day 2019: A Creative Playground for Social Transformation” is a range of fun and educational activities, including shopping for products and services from 24 social enterprises as well as a variety of workshops with the enterprises, Ethical Craft Fashion Show 2019, Talk & Share sessions on the theme of “The secret to hitting millions of sales and building sustainable social impacts” led by well-known social entrepreneurs, namely Moreloop, Toolmorrow and Flow Folk, and a mini concert by Nont Tanont.
For further information about Banpu Champions for Change, please visit www.facebook.com/banpuchampions