- 15 January 2019 Banpu announced the inauguration of its field office in the shale gas production site in Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania, the U.S., to manage the shale gas production sites as well as to seek investment opportunities to increase its production capacity. This event reflects Banpu's readiness to build upon the successful investment in the shale gas business under the Company's Energy Resources Group.
- 4 February 2019 Banpu Infinergy Co., Ltd. (BPIN), a subsidiary of Banpu, invested 21.50% in FOMM Corporation (FOMM) newly-issued shares worth USD 20 million (approximately THB 635 million). FOMM is a leading developer of compact EV in Japan. Founded in 2013 with its headquarters in Kawasaki, FOMM is engaged in EV business, ranging from design, assembly, warranty and quality assessment, to sales and delivery to Southeast Asian countries.
- 21 February 2019 The Company acknowledged the resignation of Mr. Rutt Phanijphand, who had been the Vice-Chairman of the Board of Directors, the Chairman of the Compensation Committee and member of the Audit Committee. The resignation was effective from 4 April 2019 onwards, in line with the Company's good corporate governance practices that require directors to retire when reaching the age of 72.
- 3 April 2019 The 2019 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders passed the following resolutions:
- Appointment of Mr. Pichai Dusdeekulchai as a director whose term is effective from 4 April 2019 until the date of the 2020 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders, which is equal to the remaining term of Mr. Rutt Phanijphand, who resigned as he reached his retirement age.
- Appointment of Mr. Teerapat Sanguankotchakorn as a director because the number of board members was changed from 12 persons to 13 persons. His term of office is effective from 3 April 2019 until the date of the 2022 Annual General Meeting of Shareholders.
- Reduction of registered capital from the existing THB 5,165,257,100 to THB 5,161,925,515 by canceling 3,331,585 authorized but unissued shares at the par value of THB 1 per share. The capital reduction was officially registered with the Minister of Commerce on 11 April 2019.
- 13 August 2019 Banpu Power Public Company Limited (BPP), a subsidiary of Banpu, has expanded into another clean energy business by investing in a 25-MW Jixin Solar Power Plant located in Jiangsu province, the People’s Republic of China. This power plant has already achieved the commercial operation date (COD) with RMB 189.15 million (approximately THB 876 million) investment cost to acquire 100% shares. The Feed-in Tariff (FiT) scheme is at the price of RMB 1 per kWh and has realized revenue since Q3/2019.
- 23 August 2019 BPIN, a subsidiary of Banpu, acquired newly-issued preferred shares of Urban Mobility Tech Co., Ltd. (UMT). The transaction value is THB 67 million, thus increasing BPIN's shares of UMT from 22.50% to 30.66% of its registered capital.
- 30 September 2019 The Company issued name registered, unsubordinated, and unsecured debentures in the THB currency for sale at the amount of THB 10,000 million (approximately USD 313.98 million). The maturity period is ten years, and the interest rate is 4% per year. The maturity date is on 22 May 2029.
- 18 October 2019 Durapower Holdings Pte Ltd., a joint venture company of Banpu, specialized in designing, manufacturing, and installation of lithium-ion battery (LiB) for automotive and energy storage systems, officially opened a world-class manufacturing unit for lithium-ion battery in Suzhou, China. The new unit currently has a production capacity of 1 GWh, increasing from the annual total capacity of 80 MWh, which has contributed to the strength and growth of Banpu's Energy Technology Group.
- 31 October 2109 The Board of Directors Meeting approved the shareholding restructure in Banpu Group by establishing Banpu NEXT through the amalgamation of BPIN, a 99.99% owned subsidiary of Banpu, and Banpu Renewable Energy Co., Ltd. (BRE), an indirect 78.57% owned subsidiary of Banpu through BPP, which holds 99.99% shares of BRE. This restructuring systematized and consolidated all Banpu's clean energy business, energy technology business, subsidiaries, as well as investment and development of clean energy business projects under one flagship company.
Due to the amalgamation, BPIN will cease to exist as a subsidiary of Banpu since Banpu NEXT will legally take on all of the rights, duties and responsibilities previously held by BPIN and BRE, as well as shares in other companies. Banpu and BPP will equally own the shares of Banpu NEXT (approximately 50% each from the issued and sold shares of the new entity). The registration of Banpu NEXT with the Ministry of Commerce was completed on 27 February 2020.
- 18 December 2019 Banpu North America Corporation (BNAC), a subsidiary of Banpu, entered into a Purchase and Sale Agreement on the acquisition of working interests in the Barnett shale, Fort Worth Basin, Texas, the U.S. The transaction value was worth USD 770 million (approximately THB 23,000 million). The terms and conditions are expected to conclude in Q2/2020.
Following the acquisition, Banpu will be a shale gas production operator in Barnett Shale, with 89% working interests of over 4,200 wells covering a large area of approximately 320,000 acre. In Q3/2019, Barnette Shale had an average production output of 600 million cubic feet per day (MMcfd) and proved reserves (1P) of approximately 3.5 Trillion Cubic Feet (Tcf)
- 19 December 2019 Centennial Coal Co., Ltd. (CEY), a subsidiary of Banpu, has entered into a sales agreement to acquire additional 50% ownership of the Springvale Joint Venture (JV) from Springvale SK Kores Pty Ltd. (SSKK). This transaction will increase CEY's ownership in Springvale mine and the Angus Place project from 50% to 100%. CEY has assumed the net JV liabilities of SSKK of AUD 40.9 million (approximately THB 864 million) as the transaction value for the JV assets. The transaction incurred no cash payment and was expected to complete in Q1/2020.
This transaction will enable CEY greater flexibility in operations of the western underground mines, New South Wales, including all assets in the Springvale mine, which have been operating since 1992, with a coal reserve of 25.7 Mt and capacity of 5.5 Mt per annum as well as the Angus Place project, which has a coal reserve of 55.2 Mt.
- 19 December 2019 BPP, a subsidiary of Banpu, commenced the commercial operation of the Kurokawa Solar Power Plant in Miyagi prefecture as planned. The power plant, which is under the TK Structure in Japan, has a total capacity of 18.90 MW. BPP invested in 100% shares of the power plant and entered into sales and purchase agreement with Tohoku Electric Power Co., Inc. under Feed-in Tariff (FiT) scheme for 20 years at the price of JPY 36 per kWh throughout the project period.
- December 2019 Banpu Renewable Singapore Pte. Ltd. (BRS), Banpu Power’s wholly-owned subsidiary, entered into a purchase agreement to acquire 19.9% shares in Global Engineering Co., Ltd., with the transaction value of JPY 1,143 million (approximately THB 315.7 million). The investment will expand into virtual power plants and energy trading business to provide digital and online platforms for power distribution.
BRS also acquired 100% shares in four solar power plants under the TK Structure in Japan with the transaction value of JPY 1,134 million (approximately THB 300.9 million). The four power plants have a total generation capacity of 6.32 MW, as detailed below.
- Tenzan Power Plant in Saga Prefecture, with a generation capacity of 1.96 MW and under Feed-in Tariff (FiT) scheme at the price of JPY 40 per kWh, achieved COD in October 2017
- Muroran I Power Plant in Hokkaido Prefecture, with a generation capacity of 1.73 MW and under Feed-in Tariff (FiT) scheme at the price of JPY 24 per kWh, achieved COD in August 2018.
- Muroran II Power Plant in Hokkaido Prefecture, with a generation capacity of 1.63 MW and under Feed-in Tariff (FiT) scheme at the price of JPY 24 per kWh, achieved COD in January 2018.
- Takeo II in Saga Prefecture, with a generation capacity of 1 MW and under Feed-in Tariff (FiT) scheme at the price of JPY 21 per kWh, achieved COD in October 2018.